Written Respiratory Protection Plan
OSHA requires employers to develop and implement a written respiratory protection program when employees are required to use respirators to protect against exposure to certain airborne contaminants.
Total Medical Compliance has developed a plan to assist healthcare providers in addressing the risk associated with exposure to airborne transmitted diseases such as COVID -1 9.
This written plan meets the requirements listed in the Respiratory Protection Standard 1910.134 and supports practices/facilities implementing air-purifying respirators listed below who will utilize qualitative fit testing with either Saccharin or Bitrex.
- Filtering facepiece respirator (FFP)
- Elastomeric half facepiece respirator
- Loose-fitting or tight-fitting powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR)
Several key elements are addressed in the plan
- Process for respirator selection through the hazard assessment process
- Medical evaluation prior to use of a specific respirator
- Fit testing and the appropriate use of respirators
- Training requirements
- Checklists for implementation, fit testing and documentation forms
The written program is supported with a live and on demand webinar to help with customization and implementation.
If you are a TMC Client…
If you are a TMC Client with one of our OSHA services which include one of our three OSHA eCompliance Packages or On-site full-service package, you will receive our TMC Respiratory Protection Plan complimentary until June 30, 2020. To receive your Respiratory Protection Plan, log in to our Client Portal and click Download Written Respiratory Protection Plan in the third blue box. Once you download your Plan, please register for the training webinar that goes along with it.
If you are not an OSHA service TMC client, the Respiratory Protection Plan and webinar training Package are available for purchase in our online store by clicking the Buy Now button below.
We have special pricing for our endorsed partner members
- Georgia Dental Society (GDA) members: $260
- South Carolina Dental Society (SCDA) members: $260
- North Carolina Dental Society Members: $260
- Non-clients and non-members: $290
- An electronic copy of the Respiratory Protection Plan in a Word or PDF format
- Additional support for customization and implementation of the written plan provided by TMC through live and/or on-demand webinars.
NOTE: Fit testing of respirators is required prior to the use of the device. Due to increased demand during the COVID-19 pandemic fit testing equipment has limited availability for purchase.