Virginia’s Temporary Standard: Infectious Disease Prevention: SARS-CoV-2 Virus That Causes COVID – 19
Virginia is the very first state to implement a standard specifically addressing measures to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. This standard is known as the COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard, 16VAC25-220. It serves as a supplement to enhance existing VOSH laws, rules, and regulations and applies to all employers, employees, and places of employment in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The standard’s first compliance date is related to training and must be completed by August 26, 2020. For businesses at higher risk, such as healthcare, additional documentation and training requirements must be met by September 25, 2020.
A brief recap of important information:
- General training by August 26, 2020
- Written Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan and training on the plan by September 25 for certain high-risk groups.
- Hazard assessment listing the different risk levels and what activities that increase the risk to the worker.
- Exposure Assessment for all workers.
- COVID Specific training.
- Employer notification of exposure to workers and subcontractors.
- HVAC evaluation.
- Written sick leave policy and return to work policies.
- Occupancy signage.
- Statement of nondiscrimination for workers for exercising their rights under the standard.
Who needs this training?
All employers, employees, and places of employment in the Commonwealth of Virginia
It serves as a supplement to enhance existing VOSH laws, rules, and regulations
What do I do?
For starters, you can sign up for our complimentary webinar that provides an overview of the standard and the specific actions you must take to comply.
This session will cover the following:
- Exposure assessment
- Sick leave and return to work policies
- Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory Protection Plan
- Environmental infection control
- Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
At the end of this session the attendee will:
- Describe the training requirements of this temporary standard.
- Identify the hazard level of their workplace.
- Describe the requirements of the written Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
Here is what you can do now!
- Sign up for the informational webinar Implementation of Virginia’s Temporary Infectious Disease Prevention Standard: What You Need to Succeed.
- Bookmark this TMC page. We will publish information complying with the regulation as they are developed and in place.
- Share this information with anyone you know that will be impacted, especially those who are in healthcare.