Special Issues in Stress
Most of us regard stress as a normal part of living. But for some people, concerns such as anxiety, chronic pain, and depression add an extra burden of stress to daily life. In this module we will look at some of these special concerns. We will discuss some underlying causes and identify coping strategies. Special Issues in Stress is the last in a series of five modules on stress. Please note that the material in this module is for information purposes only. If you are concerned about your physical or emotional well-being, consult a qualified health care professional.
- Define depression and identify common causes of depression
- List strategies for dealing with depression
- Identify strategies for dealing with anxiety
- Define burnout
- List strategies for dealing with burnout
- List the ten principles for living with chronic pain