Infection Control Dental Webinar
Time: 9am – 12pm EDT
Price: $220 Includes both sessions TMC Clients: $160
Compliance with industry standard infection control guidelines is good for patients, employees and practices. Infection Control Dental Webinar Trainings are offered in two three-hour sessions, one week apart. They offer the opportunity to ask questions and still meet all Infection Control training requirements. One of the risks in any procedure is the transmission of disease or infection. This employee training webinar will give you the tools you need to ensure that your patients receive the excellent care that is the cornerstone of your practice.
Practical solutions to your infection control challenges will be provided as basic principles of epidemiology, disinfection, sterilization, and techniques to reduce the spread of infection are reviewed. In addition, discussion of CDC guidelines will be an important part of this employee training presentation, thus positioning your practice to provide a safe work environment for both patients and employees.*
In order to receive continuing education credit for this session you MUST be logged in using your assigned link you receive after registering.
For NC Practices: This training course is approved by the Statewide Program for Infection Control and Epidemiology (SPICE) to meet the training requirement of 10A NCAC 41A.0206. This law requires that each health care organization that performs invasive procedures of any type:
- Designate a staff member for each location to be trained in infection control by completing a state approved course, and to direct infection control activities
- Adopt a written infection control policy
- Conduct an employee training program for health care workers
- Recognize pertinent laws concerning infection control
- Explain the principles of epidemiology
- Discuss principles and practices of Asepsis
- Describe environment infection control
- Describe general isolation precautions
- Explain the management of medical waste from an OSHA, or employee safety, and disposal perspective.
- Describe protective attire and barrier techniques as per OSHA compliance requirements
- Describe engineering/work practice controls to reduce the risk of “sharp” injuries
Training Webinar Agenda/Topics Covered
- Pertinent NC Laws
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Instruments Disinfection/Sterilization
- Environmental Infection Control
- Prevention of Disease Transmission
- Medical Waste
- Prevention Strategies
Speaker – Renee Russell
Renee completed the Dental Assistance Course in 1988 and earned an associate degree in dental hygiene from Florence Darlington Technical College in 1992. She graduated with a Bachelor of Health Science degree from the Medical University of South Carolina in 2006. Renee is an active member of the South Carolina Dental Hygiene Association, the American Dental Hygiene Association, and The Organization for Safety and Asepsis Procedures. Renee has been selected as a Hu-Friedy Key Opinion Leader. Renee was honored as South Carolina’s Dental Hygienist of the Year for 2010. Renee’s experience both as a chair side dental assistant and a hygienist helps her to fully understand the needs of dental team members in achieving HIPAA Compliance, OSHA compliance and infection control. She has served as a speaker nationwide on OSHA, infection control and HIPAA.
Attendance & Cancellation
Cancellations prior to the last 10 days will be eligible to receive a full refund. Cancellations received within 10 days of the webinar date may transfer their registration to another date. No refunds will be provided.
Total Medical Compliance is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Total Medical Compliance designates this activity for 5.5. continuing education credits. Entire course must be attended in full; no partial credit will be awarded.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission of Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA .org/CERP.
*We reserve the right to cancel the webinar if there are not enough attendees.
Total Medical Compliance 888.862.6742